Last Date of Application: 20th May, 2015.
Send in your CV and Statement of Purpose on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly ensure that the subject of the mail is: “Application for the post of Chairperson, ACSRL”.
About the Centre
Alexis Centre for Study and Research in Law (ACSRL) is an autonomous Centre for Excellence established under the aegis of Alexis Foundation. The centre was officially inaugurated on 29th September 2012 at Dharwad, Karnataka.
We are the proud organisers of 1st World Law Dialogue, a global platform for young people from around the world to come together and debate on issues of prime concern facing the world. More details are available here: www.lawdialogue.in
You can also checkout this video for the Delegate Reflections: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuS1jKfueFo
Soon, the 1st edition of World Law Review will be released by us at Samvaad 2015 in New Delhi.
Note: Location and areas of operation of the centre depend solely on Chairperson’s discretion and location.
It is said that Law is the auditor of social actions. And, this audit function is possible only when we are aware of the Law & furthermore make use of such Law in making our world a better place to live in. Below are the objectives that we seek to achieve through ACSRL:
- To assist Students and Researchers by being a Resource Repository in the field of Law.
- To bring out original Publications in the field of Law and Justice.
- To conduct awareness programmes on various social, environmental and economic issues, various policies of Central & State Governments and International bodies, et al.
- To serve as a platform to formulate and brain storm new ideas, policies etc through Lectures, Seminars, Conferences and the like.
- To associate with eminent lawyers, law firms, NGO’s, or any other organizatiosn, for the purpose of promoting law & legal literacy among the people of any age group.
- Provide consultation to United Nations, Government of India, International Organisations and other Civil Society organisations on various drafts and policies.
- To conduct grassroots-level campaigns and surveys for the benefit of the people, by the people.
- Age: Between 18 – 25 years.
- Enrolled in 5 year integrated law programme or 3 year LL.B. programme.
- Recent graduates from Class of 2013 onwards are also eligible to apply.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Facebook, Skype, YouTube and Twitter.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits, and community-based organizations.
- Inclined towards mentorship and teaching in order to improve the knowledge and professional abilities of others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgment and lead change.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to flexibly share leadership and build consensus.
- Ability to take initiative and take difficult decisions when necessary.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Organization.
- We firmly believe in Diversity.
- Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisting of candidates is done on basis of CV/Resume.
- Every selection is done purely on merit basis.
Terms and Conditions
- This position is tenured, part-time, voluntary and unpaid.
- We are looking for atleast 12 months commitment from you.
- You will be required to devote atleast 12 hours per week.
- You will be put on probation for 3 months from date of selection.
- A Performance review will be conducted after completion of 3 months.
What We Look For?
We recruit exceptional people with outstanding capabilities and great potential.
Some of the qualities we look for in our people:
- Technological Awareness
Why You Should Join Us?
- Leadership Training
- Networking Opportunities
- Personality Development
- Professional Growth
- Social Impact
- Work Experience
- Exposure of working in a youth-led organization.
- A platform to nurture your ideas and create positive impact.
- Professional Growth through Networking and Skill Development.
- Recommendation or Work Experience Certificate is provided on successful completion of your tenure or on demand, when required.