Applications are hereby invited for the post of Chairperson, Alexis Centre for Women’s Development (ACWD).
Last Date of Application: 25th April, 2015.
Send in your CV and Statement of Purpose on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly ensure that the subject of the mail is: Application for the post of Chairperson, ACWD.
About the Centre
Alexis Centre for Women’s Development (ACWD) is an autonomous Centre for Excellence of Alexis Foundation. The Centre was officially inaugurated on 25th December, 2012. The team consists of enthusiastic young individuals who are diligently working towards bringing about significant changes and progress in the development, expansion and promotion of women’s rights.
Alexis Foundation is India’s most diversified youth-led think tank which conducts research and provides consultancy in areas such as public policy, strategy, law, management, economics and information technology. Registered as a Public Charitable Trust under Indian Trusts Act, 1882. It is a participant in United Nations Global Compact, United Nations Civil Society Network and Government of India’s NGO Partnership System.
- The Centre aims to carry on several consultation centers for providing aid to women with respect to their legal rights and to educate them over these rights and responsibilities bestowed upon them.
- To introduce and implement various programmes to educate women and empower them through instructive Seminars, Lectures, Discussions, Competitions and Research Projects.
- To hold weekly discussions with students of various Institutes so as to have systematic deliberations over pertinent problems faced by the women today. These discussions shall open route to numerous new ideas to solve the problems.
- The unique feature of the Centre would be that by these weekly discussions would stimulate the formation of its new projects and to achieve their aims, the Centre shall collaborate with various Institutions who work for the advancement of women.
- To carry on various Research Projects and draft various Bills and Policy papers which are to be forwarded to the concerned Government Departments for consideration with respect to women’s development.
- To provide Free Legal Aid services to the disadvantaged section of women.
- To recruit bright young minds for various projects as interns and members to promote efficient functioning, develop fresh ideas and to provide the students with exposure to the pressing problems faced by women in the world today.
- Age between 18 – 25 years.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Facebook, Skype, YouTube and Twitter.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits, and community-based organizations.
- Inclined toward mentorship and teaching in order to improve the knowledge and professional abilities of others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgment and lead change.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to flexibly share leadership and build consensus.
- Ability to take initiative and take difficult decisions when necessary.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Organization.
- We firmly believe in Diversity.
- Female Candidates will be preferred for this position.
- Shortlisting of candidates is done on basis of CV/Resume.
- Every selection is done purely on merit basis.
Terms and Conditions
- This position is tenured, part-time, voluntary and unpaid.
- We are looking for atleast 12 months commitment from you.
- You will be required to devote atleast 12 hours per week.
- You will be put on probation for 3 months from date of selection.
- A Performance review will be conducted after completion of 3 months.
What We Look For?
We recruit exceptional people with outstanding capabilities and great potential. Some of the qualities we look for in our people:
- Technological Awareness
Why You Should Join Us?
- Leadership Training
- Networking Opportunities
- Personality Development
- Professional Growth
- Social Impact
- Work Experience
- Exposure of working in a youth-led organization.
- A platform to nurture your ideas and create positive impact.
- Professional Growth through Networking and Skill Development.
- Recommendation or Work Experience Certificate is provided on successful completion of your tenure or on demand, when required.