Rishabh Jain gives the basic ideologies as to the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ program of the Govt., along with commenting about it objects and associated benefits.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a campaign on national level, run by government, to make people aware about the importance of cleanliness. This campaign is initiated by our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi. This campaign was officially launched on 145th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd October, 2014 at Rajpath, New Delhi.
The main aim of this campaign is to clean India by 2nd October, 2019, 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi(1,2).
The objects of the campaign are :
• It promotes nationalism.
• This campaign also gives responsibility to each and every citizen of the country to participate in this drive of cleaning their nation. It is the moral duty of every individual to take part in this swachhta abhiyan and also inspire other co-citizens to do the same.
• This mission aims at rural as well as urban areas to facelift of our country and change the perception of people about India at global level.
• This campaign also deals with the problems like – sanitation, lack of dustbins at public places, littering of garbage on roads, dropping sewers in the rivers at most of the places. There are number of ways through which we are polluting our surroundings, like not following good habits of disposing of our waste materials properly. To present our country as an ideal nation, we need to work on these areas to improve the situation.
• In this campaign, our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi stressed on providing toilet to each and every hour of the nation and makes it in reach of every citizen of the country.
STRATEGIES UNDERTAKEN IN THE CAMPAIGN
Lots of efforts have been made by the Government eradicate the problems of sanitation, to clean drinking water, to clean rivers, providing dustbins at the public places.
There is a great scarcity of public toilets in our country. Particularly, women feel ashamed in relieving themselves in the open due to which most of the times they suffer number of health problems. Shri Narendra Modi gave responsibility to his Navratnas to spread this message further through Navratnas of these nominated Navratnas, so that this initiative can reap desired fruits. PM gave responsibility of spreading awareness about the importance of the cleanliness for a healthy society. Clean India is not only about the cleaning of India but also handling the challenges of bad habits of people that they knowingly or unknowingly performed in their daily routine.
This National Movement converted into a mass movement by inviting people to participate in cleaning drive. The cleaning drive gets positive response from every section of the society. It is the dream of Mahatma Gandhi to see India as a clean and hygienic which Shri Narendra Modi wants to give it as a tribute on his 150th Birth Anniversary. Shri Narendra Modi uses Mahatma Gandhi’s style to initiate this campaign at Valmiki Colony, Mandir Marg, New Delhi by picking up the broom to clean the dirt. He said to the people that neither litter nor let others litter (‘Na Gandagi Karenge, Na Karne Denge’) (2). Shri Narendra Modi invited nine people and requested them to inspire at least nine other people to join this clean drive, like in Multi Level Marketing or chain system in which a pyramid is made to promote their business in the same fashion PM also promote this drive. He nominated and gave responsibility to famous personalities like Amitabh Bachchan, Amir Khan, Priyanka Chopra from film fraternity, Sachin Tendulkar, Sania Mirza, Saina Nehwal and Mary Kom from sports fraternity even a T.V. Show ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s whole cast given this task of spreading awareness among the people regarding this campaign.
There are lots of benefits for cleaning our surroundings because everyone likes cleanliness, there is saying ‘cleanliness is next to godliness’.
Such benefits include :
• It boosts ‘foreign tourism’ which raises the Gross Development Product (GDP) of a nation.
• Not only foreign tourism, but also local tourism also increased.
• Another recognizable benefit is that cleanliness makes people healthier so the life expectancy of a person increases which raises the country in Human Development India (HDI) because life expectancy and health care are one of the parameters to give points. Nation also saves lots of money by providing healthy environment to its citizens. So by giving stress on cleanliness nation gets many more hidden benefits.
To enhance and appreciate people, the website called ‘#MyCleanIndia’(3) was launched. Our nation is our property we cannot make it dirty anymore.
(1) Access at : http://m.thehindu.com/new/national/modi-launches-my-clean-india-campaign/article6468047.ece
(2) Access at : http://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/government_tr_rec/swachh-bharat-abhiyan-2/
(3) Access at : http://swachhbharat.mygov.in
(4) Access at : http://www.indiacelebrating.com/essay/social-issues/swachh-bharat-abhiyan